Thoughtful Human Internship
status: 10-20 hours per week
compensation: unpaid, course credit
location: Oakland, CA (Impact Hub Oakland)
requirements: must be enrolled in Bachelor's or Master's Program at an accredited college or university with access to personal computer/laptop
start date: mid-May
application deadline: May 4, 2019
application requirements: please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in this specific position and company to email@example.com with subject line "Internship Winter 2019" with any relevant work samples/portfolio.
want to learn how to build a brand and take a product from idea to market? want the inside scoop on how we launched at Target.com and Whole Foods Market in our first year? want to make your mark on our next big launch and other exciting 2019 plans? MOST importantly — do you want to help our community connect and heal through meaningful communication?
Thoughtful Human is on a mission to help people create the space for difficult conversations (think cancer, grief, addiction, family dysfunction, etc.), and we are looking for the brightest, kindest, most passionate interns to join us!
our internship program offers an exciting opportunity to explore the ins and outs of CPG, consumer marketing, and entrepreneurship as we undergo rapid growth in early 2019. this position will offer experience across a variety of sales, marketing, PR, and operational tasks.
we are looking for candidates who dream big, work hard, and are down to join us on this ride — from our most glamorous to our most monotonous moments (spoiler alert: internship will include both!).
primary responsibilities will include:
- working with Thoughtful Human founder/team to understand business and marketing strategies to meet 2019 objectives
- assisting with product launch campaigns across channels (social, email, PR)
- assisting with channel growth campaigns (influencer outreach, giveaways, co-branding, etc.)
- analyzing and reporting on channel insights to optimize marketing and sales efforts
- assisting with prospecting and sales support
- assisting with content development and strategy
- assisting with inventory management and order fulfillment as needed
- assisting with website maintenance
- on-site event support as needed (e.g. Women's March, TEDx Emerald Glen Park, Renegade Craft Fair, Cancer Support Community's Hope Walk, etc.)
our ideal candidate:
- diligent, self-starter who is passionate about green business and health/mental health advocacy
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- proficiency with Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets & Microsoft Office products
- familiarity with mainstream social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Reddit)
- preferred: Adobe Creative Suite and photography skills
learn more about Thoughtful Human