Thoughtful Human Internship
Now accepting applications for SPRING 2022!
status: 10-20 hours per week
compensation: unpaid, course credit
requirements: must be enrolled in Bachelor's or Master's Program at an accredited college or university with access to personal computer/laptop
start date: immediately
application deadline: 9/15/21
application requirements: please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in this specific position and company to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Internship Fall 2021" with any relevant work samples/portfolio.
are you interested in social entrepreneurship? want to learn how to build a brand and take a product from idea to market? want the inside scoop on how to work with retailers like Whole Foods Market, Paper Source, and Barnes & Noble? want to help us launch our biggest program to date this October?! MOST importantly — do you want to help our community connect and heal through meaningful communication?
Thoughtful Human is fast-growing stationery and communication brand on a mission to help people create the space for difficult conversations (think cancer, grief, addiction, strained relationships, etc.), and we are looking for the brightest, kindest, most passionate interns to join us!
our internship program offers an exciting, hands-on opportunity to explore the ins and outs of CPG, consumer marketing, and entrepreneurship. this position will offer experience across a variety of sales, marketing, PR, and operational tasks.
we are looking for candidates who dream big, work hard, and are down to join us on this ride — from our most glamorous to our most monotonous moments (spoiler alert: internship will include both!).
primary responsibilities will include:
- working with Thoughtful Human team to understand business and marketing strategies to meet 2021 mission and sales goals
- supporting on deliverables for new October 2021 retail launch
- assisting with content creation and strategy for social and email channels
- assisting with podcast preparation and interviews
- assisting with product launch campaigns across channels (social, email, PR)
- assisting with channel growth campaigns (influencer outreach, giveaways, co-branding, etc.)
- analyzing and reporting on channel insights to optimize marketing and sales efforts
- assisting with prospecting and sales support
- assisting with inventory management and order fulfillment as needed
- assisting with website maintenance
- on-site event support (e.g. Women's March, consumer shows, industry tradeshows, non-profit events, corporate events, etc. NOTE: all in person events currently on hold due to COVID)
our ideal candidate:
- diligent, self-starter who is passionate about green business and health/mental health advocacy
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- proficiency with Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets & Microsoft Office products
- familiarity with mainstream social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Reddit)
- preferred: Adobe Creative Suite and photography skills
learn more about Thoughtful Human
what's our internship really like? hear it from our interns themselves:
"This internship taught me a ton of things that most internships won’t. Ali genuinely cared about making sure that I gained what I was hoping to gain from this experience. She took the time to update me on things regarding the company and she always invited me to join in on conference calls with her for more exposure to different aspects of the business. She valued the work that I did for her and I really appreciate that. I went through one of the most challenging times in my entire life and Ali was willing to listen to my problems and offer me her support. Never in a million years would I have imagined talking to my boss about something so personal.
Ali also has a genuine passion for her business and it’s so apparent. It’s more than just stationery to her. It’s about bringing people together and I know that she really believes in her mission to help people start difficult conversations. Overall, this is an opportunity to learn almost anything you want about owning and operating your own business. The milestones that she’s been able to hit in a short period of time are so inspiring. Ali has taught me that with a goal and a good plan, it’s totally possible! I’ve always wanted to own my own business and after interning for her, I’m inspired to start making this goal a reality. This is definitely an internship that is worth your time. You’ll have the opportunity to do more than just mundane and surface level work!"
– Kayla, Winter 2019 Intern